Table of Contents
Brendan Fraser Fue Hair Transplant
Brendan Fraser transplant, Brendan Fraser is a successful movie actor who was born on December 3, 1968 in the US state of Indiana. Brendan Fraser noticed that he had lost a lot of hair in early 2008, and this had a negative impact on his acting career. Brendan Fraser found the solution in having a hair transplant operation. In this article, we will give more detailed information about hair transplantation.
- Who is Brendan Fraser?
- What is Hair Transplantation?
- How is hair transplantation done?
- Types of Hair Transplantation
- What are the Prices of Hair Transplantation?
Who is Brendan Fraser?
His full name is actually Brendan James Fraser. Brendan is originally from Canada, but was born on December 3, 1968 in the US state of Indiana. He received his primary education at the Upper Canada College Preparatory School in Toronto and studied theater at the Cornish Art College, then graduated from this school in 1990. We know Brendan Fraser from his films Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) and The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008). Brenden noticed that he was losing his hair in the 2008s, and this bothered him during filming. He started to see a doctor named Dr.Bauman and initially tried to cover his problem with a wig, because technology was not very developed in those years and only this method was applied, but it did not work well, the bands of the wig were constantly coming out during the shooting and causing difficult moments. Subsequently, Dr. Bauman suggested surgery. Brendan agreed and had a hair transplant operation. The technology was not very advanced in those years, so he went through a painful process. Dr. Bauman explains the situation as follows: “Actors often use a combination of non-medical techniques to achieve a youthful hairline and adequate scalp coverage under ‘bright lights’. Unfortunately, very few people are under the care of physicians who have had specialized training in hair loss and hair transplantation. This enables people to attach more effectively to their own lives and their growing hair, and to regenerate their hair unnoticeably with modern methods.
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair Transplantation is performed to add more hair in case of thinning or balding in an area on your head. It is done carefully by taking hair follicles from areas of the scalp or other parts of the body (such as the neck or chest) where they are more abundant and grafting them into the thinning or bald part of the scalp. Globally, around 60% of men and 50% of women experience some form of hair loss. At first, people bought tropical, over-the-counter products to prevent hair loss. Hair transplantation was first performed by Japanese scientists in 1939 with single scalp hairs. In the following years, experts improved the technique and became more successful. Over time, experts started to use mini and micro grafts to minimize the appearance of the transplanted hair on the scalp.
How is hair transplantation done?
Hair transplantation is typically more successful than over-the-counter (wigs, fake hair) hair restoration products. However, there are some factors that should be taken into consideration: The hair starts to grow 3 months after the transplantation and the hair yield rate is between 20-100%. The low rate of success usually depends on the expert, usually the success rate is high. Another factor is that the newly transplanted hair will become thinner over time like normal hair. Individuals with dormant hair follicles (usually pouches with hair under the skin but no longer hair growth) may have less effective transplants, but a 2016 study suggests that plasma therapy can help 80 percent or more of transplanted hair to grow completely. Hair transplantation might not work for everyone. If the hair is naturally shedding or thinning or if the hair has been shed due to an injury, experts use hair transplantation to restore hair. Hair transplantation is usually done by planting hair, that is, hair is taken from one place to another, therefore it is not very effective to treat the following cases:
- Widespread thinning and baldness
- Hair loss due to chemotherapy or other drugs
- Thick scalp scars that have been caused by injuries
We can learn more easily how hair transplantation is done from hair transplantation types.
Types of Hair Transplantation?
There were numerous types of hair transplantation in the early 2000s, this number gradually decreased as technology developed, and currently there is only one widely used method, the FUE method. To explain this method briefly, we can list the following steps. First, the hair is shaved, but the length should be considered while shaving, because if the hair strands to be removed are too thin, it might not be removable. Secondly, the hair is washed and dried nicely. In the next step, the hair strands are extracted one by one with a 10mm tool called a punch. The number of extracted hair strands in a single session is around 4,000 to 5,000 and then, with the help of a scalpel or needle, tiny holes are opened in the bald area and the hair strands taken from the neck are placed there one by one. After the hair transplantation, there will be bleeding in the transplanted area, it will be cleaned carefully and scabs and wounds will form which will heal within 10 days. After hair transplantation, things that may be related to hair should be avoided for example:
- Sports should be avoided for 2 weeks,
- Smoking and alcohol intake should be avoided for 2-3 weeks,
- The first shower should be taken with the permission of the experts,
- Avoid touching the hair with your hand,
- Hats worn during the first week should avoid contact with the transplanted area.
- Sunlight and water should be avoided as much as possible.
What are the Prices of Hair Transplantation?
The cost of hair transplantation depends on the patient’s head structure and the amount of hair to be transplanted, so it would not be correct to quote an exact price. The price scale given by many doctors is not the same. If we make a rough generalization, we can quote the following prices for hair transplantation:
DHI hair transplantation prices;
- Graft (adding hair root) Unit Price: 1,50 TL- 5,00 TL
- Hair Loss Graft cost of an average person: 2.600-3.600 TL
- Hair Loss Hair transplantation price of an average person: 3.200 – 4.500 TL
- Hair transplantation graft amount of a person with intense hair loss: 4.600 – 6.000 TL
- Hair transplantation price of a person with intense hair loss: 6.500-8.500 TL
Fue hair transplantation prices;
- hair strand transplantation price: 1.500 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 2.000 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 4.500 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 8.500 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 10.500 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 12.000 TL
- 000 hair strand transplantation price: 14.000 TL
Prosthesis hair transplantation prices;
- Sparse Hair Prosthesis Price: between 3,200.00 TL – 6,000.00 TL
- Full Hair Prosthesis Price: between 1.200,00 TL – 2.600,00TL