|Average length of stay||None|
|Length of stay in hospital||None|
|Operation duration||6-8 Hours|
|Recovery duration||1-7 Days|
DHI Hair Transplant
DHI hair transplant when you decide on having a hair transplant operation, you start your own research to get maximum information about your options. This is a good idea because you can make a detailed discussion with your hair transplant surgeon to find the optimal method for you. You may have found so much information about FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and suddenly came across with DHI (Direct Hair Implantation). The DHI hair transplant method is one of the recent developments in the field of hair transplantation.
DHI Hair Transplant Turkey – Istanbul
What is DHI Hair Transplant?
Firstly, you need to know the difference between FUT and FUE to better understand DHI. In the FUT method, a strip of tissue with hair follicles is extracted from the back of the scalp and implanted in the donor area. Incision is not used in the FUE hair transplant method, instead, a punch is used to extract follicle units and the extracted follicles are implanted in the recipient areas afterwards.
DHI hair transplant is a FUE hair transplant method and the main difference is the way how hair is implanted. In FUE hair transplant, the hair transplant surgeon makes incisions on the whole scalp and follicle units are placed on these incisions. In addition, the DHI hair transplant method does not require any incisions and a patented tool is used during each implantation on the scalp. As an alternative, the robotic hair transplant system can be applied. This system measures the depth and angle necessary for each hair follicle, that’s why it is also known as robotic follicular unit extraction.
Are You a Suitable Patient to Undergo Hair Transplantation via DHI?
If a patient is suitable to undergo hair transplantation with the DHI technique is conclusively determined after examination by the attending doctor. During the thorough examination by the doctor, bearing in mind the patient’s wishes, it is decided which technique should be used in the patient’s specific condition. Naturally it is possible to give some general guidelines to give a general idea towards the conditions in which DHI technique can be applied:
- In the DHI technique, donor hair is harvested at a different area on the patient’s scalp. This implies that the hair coat on the donor area is appropriately dense. If there is no sufficient hair-growth in the area, just above the neck; grafts are taken from the beard. And if the density of the beard is not sufficient, sometimes chest-hair can be used.
- Patients with hair-loss in only one region are usually eligible for the DHI technique. Especially since use of the DHI technique enables a very dense implantation of hairs.
- DHI technique can be applied to patients from the age of 18 and up.
- This technique can be applied to straight and thick Asian type of hairs, as DHI was developed in that region of the world. But it can just as easily be used to transplant thinner and curly hair types.
Hair Transplantation on Women Using DHI Technique
The look of a nice looking and well cared hairdo is considered very important, relentless of one’s gender. Although hair loss is generally a male problem, sometimes it is experienced by women as well. Superficial and cosmetic products and handlings do not always prove to be enough in achieving a satisfying look. And they certainly do not give a permanent result. Therefore, to achieve a more qualitative and permanent result, a hair transplantation via the DHI technique can certainly be considered.
The Stages of Hair Transplant via DHI Technique
The general expectation of the procedural course during hair transplantation via DHI can be listed as below:
- Phase: this is the preparatory phase to undergo hair transplantation via DHI. The patient gets a consultation by the attending doctor. At this consult, the doctor performs the necessary examinations and hair analyses. This stage ends with the determination of which technique will be used, depending on the doctor’s findings and the patient’s wishes.
- Phase: this is the stage at which local anaesthesia for the DHI hair transplant is administered. This takes about 3 – 4 minutes. After this is done, the final preparations for the surgery are finished.
- Phase: in this 3rd stage the grafts are being gathered from the donor area. The grafts are extracted with a specific pen. Initially grafts are extracted from area, just above the neck. If the hair grow in this area is not sufficient, grafts are also collected from the bears or chest. Then the grafts are being prepared for transplantation. Very meticulously, one by one the grafts are placed into the special pens. During this procedure 20 – 30 pieces of choi-pens are used alternately. After a few of the choi -pens are prepared, the procedure of implanting the follicles is initiated.
- Phase: in this final stage, the follicles are implanted in the previously determined spots on the scalp. During this stage the doctor, using the choi, creates miniscule holes in the determined area on the scalp and simultaneously implants the follicles in them. Meanwhile, the nurses fill the empty choi, with new grafts. Proceeding with this loop of handlings, the hair transplantation via DHI is completed.
The Healing Process After Hair Transplantation Via DHI Technique.
Hair transplantation using the DHI technique requires only the infliction of minuscule wholes. Because no incisions are inflicted and no channels are opened, scar tissue and complications are much less observed than after the other techniques. It is safe to say that the healing process after the DHI technique is generally very speedy. Little scabs disappear after 5 – 6 days. Within 15 – 21 days it is possible to observe sudden hair loss. This is a perfectly normal process. Patients undergoing this process should not panic. Hair transplantation is a process that takes a little patience. It takes the implanted hairs a little time to adjust and take form. After the sudden hair shedding, it will take the new hairs about 3 months to start growing. After a period of 6 months, most of the hairs will have started growing. And the final result is generally observed after a period of 1 year has passed. During this entire period, the patient should make sure to guard his/her scalp against external traumas. While undergoing the surgery, your doctor will also provide you with information about how to take best care of your hair.
Advantages of DHI Hair Transplant
- The DHI tool enables the hair tissue to be placed well, thus there is a low risk of scars.
- The DHI hair transplant operation does not require any incision.
- The DHI device controls the depth, angle and direction of the hair follicles implanted.
- DHI hair transplant is a safe operation with a low risk of complication.
Am I a Good Candidate for DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI is ideal for those with severe hair loss. Those who have experienced male pattern hair loss for 5 years are appropriate candidates to benefit from DHI hair transplantation. DHI can be an option for males who don’t give positive reactions to medical hair loss treatments.
Differences Between DHI and Classic FUE Hair Transplantation Techniques
The general differences between the DHI and classic FUE hair transplantation techniques can be listed as follows:
- DHI enables transplantation without shaving the scalp, in the classic FUE technique this is impossible.
- While using DHI technique, the hair follicles are harvested and implanted within 1-2 minutes. In the classic FUE technique this interval is slightly longer.
- Compared to the FUE technique, DHI makes it possible to implant 3 times as many grafts per square centimetres.
- Using the FUE technique, small incisions have to be made to open channels. This can cause small bleedings. When using the DHI technique, only very small punctures are made, and this does not lead to bleeding on the scalp.
- Using DHI technique, it is possible to split up the surgery into several seances, since grafts are harvested and implanted one by one. With the FUE technique, this is not an option.
- Since no incisions are made into the scalp with the DHI technique, the risk of infections is highly rare.
- The FUE technique is recommended for hair transplants of broader areas, DHI on the other hand, is appropriate for denser implantation.
- The duration of the actual hair transplant surgery takes longer with the DHI technique, then it does using FUE.
Direct Hair Transplantation Top FAQ’s
1. Will I have to shave my head before treatment?
No. We will trim your hair short in the donor area for you. In fact, we ask that you don’t shave your head in the 10 days prior to the procedure.
2. How long will I need before going back to work?
In many cases, you will be able to return to work even the following day, provided you are able to maintain your post-operative routine. Many of our clients choose to take the following week off.
3. How long will it take to see results?
You will start noticing improvement within 3-4 months, but the complete results take up to a year.
4. Is the DHI DHI Hair Transplant suitable for women too?
5. Can you still perform DHI Hair Transplant if I have lost a lot of hair already?
If there is not enough hair for donor extraction, we can sometimes use facial and body hair. There may be other treatment options available. It is best to come in for a consultation to discuss your options in detail.
6. How long do I have to wait before I exercise?
You can return to cardio and swimming 2 weeks after your procedure, but wait a month before resuming intense exercise (e.g weights)
7. Will I still have to take medication?
The implanted hair will keep cycling through its normal phases of growth and regeneration, so there is no need to take long-term medication. However, we do recommend application of Minoxidil to prevent thinning or hair loss of existing hair.
8. How much does DHI Hair Transplant cost?
Each patient is individual, with individual requirements, so we prefer not to provide a quote or an estimate without having performed an examination and provided an accurate diagnosis. DHI hair transplant can be 20% more expensive than FUE, but has a consistent hair survival rate of 90%, no matter which of our clinics you attend. FUE has a success rate of between 50-90% and is dependent on the skill and experience of the surgeon you choose.
9. Is DHI Hair Transplant safe?
All surgery carries some risks or potential for complications, such as infection, excessive bleeding, poor wound healing or scarring. These risks can be minimised if you are in good general health, with no pre-existing medical conditions and you follow your surgeon’s pre- and post-operative instructions. The DHI hair transplant method is low risk, painless, leaves no scars and provides a permanent solution to hair loss.
How Much Does DHI Hair Transplant Cost?
DHI has different elements that affect the cost of hair transplantation. These elements and their explanations are given below.
1. Number of Grafts Required
As with all hair transplantation techniques, one of the most important factors affecting the cost is the number of grafts to be transplanted. Because the size of the procedure will vary depending on the number of grafts. The higher the number of hair follicles to be transplanted is, the higher the amount to be paid will be.
The fact that around 4,000 – 4500 grafts can be implanted in a single session in the DHI technique has made the number of grafts to be transplanted more important.
2. Doctor’s Expertise
Although hair transplantation has been a long process, it can be said that DHI is a new technique. DHI, which is accepted as the most advanced technique, is applied quite differently from other techniques. Therefore, doctors must have sufficient expertise and experience to perform this procedure. If there is a deficiency at this point, it is inevitable that the operation will fail.
The DHI pen facilitates the capture of the desired angle and position in hair transplantation. However, the use of this pen and other requirements of the technique are not as easy as it is thought. Therefore, the more experienced the doctor performing the procedure is, the more successful the hair transplantation will be. This means that the higher the quality of the doctor, the higher the amount to be paid.
3. Clinic’s Being Fully-Equipped
As mentioned above, the DHI technique is a new method. The doctor’s experience is very important for its implementation. In addition, the clinic where the procedure is performed should have sufficient equipment. Hair transplantation which is carried out at a high-quality and hygenic clinic with the necessary equipments, comfortable work area and similar elements will be of better quality and smooth. This leads to an increase in the amounts to be paid.
All the staff were extremely friendly and explained things to me at every stage. After the initial anaesthetic injections, the whole thing was painless. I am looking forward to seeing my new head of hair!
The price included included everything except the follow up shampoo and vitamins.
Je suis content de mon expérience . J’ai hâte de voir la repousse . Ce qui m’a réconforter c’est qu’ils nous donnent un certificat qui explique que si ça ne va pas au niveau de la repousse Si nous ne somme pas satisfait , ils nous reprennent en charge assez vite .
Selenia Bastante Reinoso
Rinus de Joode
So thanks again to all the team from sapphire hair clinic
On meeting the team at MedHair for my consultation I was explained about what the procedure involved & roughly how much time it would take. I also had my new hairline drawn on which I found exciting!
Send us a message for further information!