|Average length of stay||5 Days|
|Length of stay in hospital||1 Day|
|Operation duration||4-6 Hours|
|Recovery duration||Duration 2 Weeks|
Bariatric Surgery Turkey
Bariatric Surgery Prices
Sleeze gastrectomy or gastric tube surgery has become an operation that we frequently hear about and encounter in recent years. The price of bariatric surgery, which is mostly carried out as a closed procedure to treat obesity and to prevent the recurrence of weight gain, is a subject of interest. It is very important to understand the details of this surgical operation, which is applied for the reduction and elimination of excess weight problems as well as the long term damage incurred by obesity, and that the operation is performed by a good surgeon. Moreover, it is necessary to ensure some conditions for the operation, it is not a procedure that can be delivered on demand to everyone.
Why choose Bariatric Surgery?
Surgery is often necessary to prevent many diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, blood pressure, sleep disorders, depression, and to eliminate poor quality of life caused by obesity. Surgical interventions are one of the most effective ways to lose weight, especially for the obese. Bariatric surgery operations, which ensure a controlled and permanent weight loss after the surgery, deliver high benefits in this sense.
Surgery alone is not enough!
Obesity, which is called the plague of the era, has descended to the very young. However, surgery is not the first solution offered to anyone who wants to lose weight. The surgery, which is a glimmer of hope for those who have exceeded their body mass index, have difficulty losing weight and are not successful in losing weight due to chronic diseases, is not sufficient on its own for losing weight. Exercise after undergoing the major operation, and regular and balanced nutrition are indispensable for losing weight! It is necessary to continue with a balanced and regular nutrition program under the control of a dietitian for a certain period of time after surgery in order to avoid complications and prevent regaining the lost weight. Furthermore, it is imperative to adopt an active lifestyle!
Who can have Bariatric Surgery?
Unfortunately, this surgery is not available to anyone who is fat and wants to lose weight. Obesity surgery is comprised of very serious procedures and poses vital risks. These surgeries, which require regular and disciplined follow-up including psychological support before and after the surgery, are applied to certain people under certain conditions. The conditions for surgery are listed as follows:
- Persons with obesity disorders who have not improved despite being treated for 5 years or more,
- Obesity patients who have not responded to drug treatment for more than a year,
- Obesity patients between the ages of 18 and 60,
- Patients with a body mass index of 40 and above,
- People without any substance addiction,
- Those who do not have an endocrinological disorder that prevents weight loss,
- Those who are psychologically ready for surgery and the subsequent process.
- Those who have no impediments in undergoing surgery can have stomach surgery.
Bariatric surgery operations, which are a serious and risky operation, are performed differently for each individual. Each operation is planned differently in accordance with the age, weight and existing diseases of the people. It is very important to prepare the patient psychologically for the aftermath of the operation.
How Is Stomach Surgery Performed?
These surgeries which are known as the removal of a part of the stomach, as either an open or closed, are mostly preferred as closed procedures in line with the patient’s request and the great impact of developing technology. Nowadays, stomach surgeries are performed in three different ways.
- Stomach restriction surgery
- Stomach restriction and reduced digestion surgery or
- Surgeries that disrupt digestion.
How is the price of Stomach Surgery Determined?
There are many factors that determine the price of stomach surgery. Bariatric surgery prices vary as a result of many factors, especially in terms of hospitals and doctors. Here are some factors that determine the price of the surgery:
- Whether the operation is carried out in a public or private hospital (Public hospitals perform bariatric surgery for patients with life-threatening conditions, most of the expenses of their operations are covered by SGK (social security organization).
- The province and district where the hospital is located and even the locality of the hospital,
- The experience and title of the doctor who will perform the surgery, (associate professor, professor, etc.)
- Extra services provided (dietitian, psychologist, esthetician)
- Detailed examinations and analyzes,
- The pre-operative and postoperative hospitalization periods in the hospital are important points in determining the price of bariatric surgery.
The price of bariatric surgery which is are performed by a team of experts for 6-8 hours with laparoscopic instruments, differ considerably in terms of city and district as well. Stomach surgery, with prices ranging from 20,000 to 80,000 lira on average, is a glimmer of hope for patients with a life risk of life due to weight problems. The surgery, which is carried out for between 17 thousand and 35 thousand lira in an average hospital in Ankara can total 75 thousand lira in Izmir. While stomach reduction surgeries were previously performed only in private hospitals and private clinics, they have been performed in public hospitals since 2015.
Stomach reduction surgery is an operation that needs to be prepared for both financially and physically. These surgeries, which involve various risks like all surgeries, require being ready for the psychology of the operation and process and physical change that will be experienced afterwards. For this reason, most doctors require that patients receive psychological support as well as nutritional consultancy. The weight lost incurred through healthy eating habits and exercise after surgery is permanent. Depending on the patient, surgery is a conclusive weight loss solution. However, it can also be the other way around. If the nutrition disorder continues, the weight lost after surgery is regained and the stomach can grow again.
It was short because the doctor knew exactly the problems are and he was spot on with his recommendations.
I would always suggest this Clinic
Send us a message for further information!