HIV Hair Transplant Turkey
HIV Hair Transplant turkey In our clinic, hair transplantation in HIV positive patients is carried out in a sterile and appropriate environment together with our experienced doctor. The method we apply is the FUE method. This technique is the process of removing hair follicles from the scalp, in form of individual, bilateral, triple follicular units, without any incisions and sutures with the help of a micromotor, which has special tips of 0.6-1.1 mm diameter. It is the only root extraction method used in hair transplantation. Healthy adult individuals with adequate hair in the area between the two ears, we which we call the donor area, are considered suitable candidates for hair transplantation.
HIV Hair Transplant Istanbul Fue & DHI
The method that is named as FUE Hair Transplant, in other words follicular unit extraction, is a method for hair transplant turkey defined in 2004. First time it was defined, it was performed with a special pen-like instrument as shown in the following figure.
In this method named Punch Biopsy, a pen-like apparatus is placed in skin to the depth of the hair’s root and the follicular unit was removed as a whole. For example, if the patient needs 2000 grafts, this procedure was repeated 2000 times. Even though this method, which costs a lot of time both for the patient and health personnel, was replaced with a motorized system, there are still doctors insisting to use this method.
The only difference of this method known as Fue Motor from other old methods is the fact that the operator doesn’t have to remove the follicular unit manually. Actually the basic principle is the same, but the operator gains significant amount of time with this new method. The apparatus at the tip of the punch biopsy pen is connected to a motor and the speed of the motor can be adjusted to the requested level. The thickness of the tips can be changed and tips at the requested lumen diameter according to the donor area can be inserted. The time it saves is of course not the only advantage of the fue motor. The tissue deepness can be standardized thanks to the motorized method, and this removes the obligation to check the tissue deepness constantly. And again with the Fue Motor, grafts can be removed from closer areas and more grafts can be removed from the same region with the motor. Another advantage of the motor is the lower chance of breaking up grafts with 2-3 or even 4 roots, in other words the higher success in protecting the integrity of the follicular unit.
Figure: FUE Motor and Tips Because of these reasons, Fue Motor enables the hair transplant operation to be performed much more comfortably. Even though the method of removing the roots is different, the phases of opening channel and implanting roots are the same.
Can HIV positive person have hair transplant?
For those who are HIV positive, hair transplant treatments are generally feasible, but there are a number of crucial factors and safety precautions that must be taken into account:
- Health Status: The person’s health is an important consideration. To decide whether they are physically capable of undergoing a surgical operation like a hair transplant, people with HIV should have their general health evaluated by a medical practitioner. It’s crucial to confirm that the person has a healthy immune system and no underlying medical issues that can make the treatment or the healing process more difficult.
- Viral Load and CD4 Count: People with HIV are frequently evaluated for their viral load, which is the quantity of HIV in their blood, and CD4 cell count, which is a sign of a healthy immune system. These elements may affect the body’s capacity to recover and mend following surgery. Before doing a hair transplant, surgeons may want to make sure that the patient’s viral load is under control and that their immune system is generally robust.Medication interactions with drugs taken during and after a hair transplant process are possible with several antiretroviral drugs used to treat HIV. It’s crucial to tell the surgeon and medical staff about all medications being taken, including antiretrovirals.
- Risk of Infection: Due to their weakened immune systems, people with HIV are typically more prone to infections. Infection prevention measures should be followed both during and after the hair transplant operation. Proper cleanliness, sterile procedures, and wound care are crucial.
- Specialist Consultation: People with HIV who are thinking about getting a hair transplant should speak with both their HIV specialist and the potential hair transplant surgeon. To make sure the procedure is appropriate and safe, the two specialists should work together.
- Individual Case Assessment: Every person has a different situation. The individual’s health, medical history, and general well-being should all be carefully considered before deciding whether to move forward with a hair transplant.
In order to make sure that all required steps are taken to reduce risks and achieve a good outcome, it is crucial to have open and honest communication with the medical professionals engaged in your care.
Is HIV test mandatory for hair transplant?
A pre-operative HIV test is necessary, along with other tests, in order to rule out any medical issues that can affect the outcome of the procedure or the patient’s recovery. An HIV test may also be used to evaluate the patient’s general health and immune system performance because those who have HIV may need to take special precautions when having surgery.
It’s vital to keep in mind that different medical procedures may apply, thus it is advised to speak with the clinic or surgeon you are thinking about for the hair transplant directly about this issue. They are able to give you detailed information about their pre-operative examination approach and any testing that could be necessary. A safe and successful experience will be made possible through open communication with the participating medical specialists.
When is the best time for hair transplantation?
The most suitable time for hair transplant is when aesthetic anxiety arises in the patient. Hair transplantation can be carried out in every month of the year. Experts recommend the summer months for hair transplantation because of the rapid regeneration of the skin and faster hair growth.
After the hair transplantation, thin crusts may occur in the transplantation and donor area. These crusts will wash off like dandruffs and disappear completely in approximately 7-10 days. The patient can continue his daily life by wearing a hat during this period and it also constitutes no problem for work.
After the hair transplantation the hair will start to grow within the first three months. And after 9 months to 1 year after the transplantation the desired look will be achieved.
But let’s not forget; the frequency of the transplanted hair is not enough to make the result of hair transplantation look natural. More hair does not equal a more natural result. The important thing is to distribute the amount of existing hair throughout the open area. If the taken graft amounts is not enough to close the open areas, it is possible to create a full head of hair with small touches and the right distribution. The second important condition for the natural appearance of hair transplantation is to transplant the taken roots with the right angle. This angle depends on the experience of the doctor, the modernity of the used tool and the chosen canal diameter, which differs in every patient.
If you are HIV-positive, you can safely undergo a hair transplantation in our clinic and return calmly to your country. For more information about costs and package programs you can contact us via WhatsApp or our contact form.
Can you get a hair transplant without a blood test?
Whether a blood test is necessary prior to a hair transplant can vary based on the policies of the clinic, the laws of the country, and the particular medical procedures that the medical professionals doing the procedure will be using. As part of their pre-operative evaluation procedure, some clinics may call for a blood test, while others may not.
Before surgeries, blood tests are frequently performed to evaluate a patient’s general health, spot any underlying disorders that can affect the surgery, and make sure the patient is healthy enough for it. These tests can also assist in identifying any medical issues or risk factors that the patient may have that could hinder their ability to recover and mend following surgery.
Before a hair transplant, a clinic may request a blood test. This is usually done to guarantee the patient’s safety and to avoid any potential issues during or after the treatment. The findings of the blood test can give the medical staff important information they can use to make educated decisions about the patient’s care.
It’s crucial to have direct communication with the facility or doctor you’re thinking about for the hair transplant. They can tell you specifically what happens during their pre-operative evaluation, whether a blood test is necessary, and why they have certain needs.
HIV positive man starts life anew, gets hair transplant with us!
What is included in the price of the packet for HIV positive patients at our clinic?
- All the transfers in Istanbul between the airport, the hotel and the hospital.
- All the necessary blood analyses.
- Two nights’ accommodation at a five star hotel next to the hospital (breakfast, Wifi and taxes included) in a single or double room.
- The hair transplant operation itself, performed in a special operation theatre (an operation room just for undetectable HIV +)
- A specialised medical team that only performs operations on HIV patients (an specialised doctor and 2 nurses, dedicated only to operate on undetectable HIV patients.
- A medication packet and after care products (such as shampoo, foam or lotion, neck pillow, etc) as well as instructions on how to use the medications and care products.
- The use of a translator if necessary (e.g.: French, Spanish, Russian, Romanian, Arabic, German, Italian, etc). Everyone on our medical team speaks English, so there is no need to worry about communicating with us in English, if that is your preference.
Therefore, this is all you get by paying the package price. You will have to pay just the flight tickets to and from Istanbul, and also the visa in case you need it (if so, it takes only a couple of minutes with the online visa system).
Hair transplant FAQ: most common questions about hair loss procedures – answered
Is an FUE hair transplant permanent?
Are you searching for a permanent solution to hair loss? If so, then an FUE hair transplant might be right for you. While results vary for different individuals, you can expect the results to last a long time, which is great news for those who don’t want to worry about hair loss anymore.
Is hair transplantation safe?
When you are considering an FUE hair transplant, you may be wondering if the procedure is safe. Of course, every procedure can go differently, which means that some people may have negative reactions. However, the vast majority of patients who undergo this surgery have no lasting issues.
Can I go home after a hair transplant?
The great thing about getting an FUE hair transplant is the fact that you can go home right after you get the surgery. No need to wait around a doctor’s office to get the green light to leave!
How painful is a hair transplant?
An FUE hair transplant can cause fewer issues than you may encounter with other types of transplants. Also, since you are under local anesthetic, you don’t have to worry about experiencing any pain during the procedure.
At what age should I get a hair transplant?
Generally, patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are the best candidates for an FUE hair transplant. However, the procedure generally works better for those who are a bit older as hair loss can be unpredictable when people are young.
How long will I have to wait after surgery for new hair to grow?
It will only take a few weeks before you notice new growth, but you may experience a shedding period as well. Look for strong and healthy follicles to start growing back 12 to 15 months after the procedure.
Is hair transplant safe in Turkey?
Although hair transplant surgeries in Turkey can be safe and effective, it’s crucial to use caution, conduct extensive research, and select a recognized and experienced facility and surgeon. Due to a favorable cost-to-quality ratio and highly qualified medical staff, Turkey has grown in popularity as a hair transplant medical tourism destination. However, there are a few things to think about, just like with any medical procedure:
- Research: Do a lot of research before selecting a surgery center and a surgeon. Look for medical offices that have a solid reputation, satisfied clients, and qualified staff.
- Check the surgeon’s credentials to be sure they are board-certified and have experience with hair transplant surgeries. Inquire about their experience, qualifications, and track record.
- Facilities: Pick a clinic that adheres to proper safety and hygiene standards. The location should be safe and sterile, and it should adhere to medical standards.
- Consultation: Before the procedure, have a comprehensive consultation with the surgeon. Your expectations should be discussed, the process should be explained, and any potential worries should be addressed.
- Patient Testimonials: To get a sense of prior patients’ experiences and outcomes, read reviews and testimonials from them.
- Ask to see before-and-after pictures of other clients who had hair loss in a manner similar to yours. You can get a sense of the surgeon’s expertise and the likely results from this.
- Medical History: Be truthful about your medical history, including any existing ailments and prescription drugs you may be taking, as this may have an impact on the procedure and your recovery.
- Follow-Up Care: Verify the clinic provides the appropriate post-operative care instructions and assistance. An effective hair transplant also requires the right aftercare.
- Make sure you feel at ease speaking with the surgeon and the clinic personnel. A successful operation depends on clear communication.
- Potential Risks: Recognize the possible dangers and complications that may result from the surgery. In the consultation, a skilled surgeon will go over these with you.
Although Turkey has many trustworthy hospitals, keep in mind that there are also instances of dishonest hospitals that put patient safety last. To make sure you select a clinic that upholds high medical standards and offers secure and efficient treatments, you must conduct thorough research.
Do I have to hide the fact that I got this procedure done?
While some people don’t want to tell others about their FUE hair transplant surgery, you can feel free to tell others if you are comfortable with them knowing. Plenty of people undergo this procedure, and there is nothing to feel ashamed about.
Instagram : sapphirehairclinic