James Nesbitt Hair Transplant
James Nesbitt Hair Transplant, born on January 15, 1965 in Northern Ireland, the Irish actor has a successful career, James Nesbitt, who played the lead role of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man, had a hair transplantation and later stated that this had increased his self-confidence and positively affected his career. When the actor was asked why he had a hair transplantation, he said, “This was probably something that remained inside me. It was an effort to look young and good. It increased my self-confidence. It has also had a positive impact on my career”.
What is Hair Transplantation?
The methods recommended for hair loss vary according to the needs of the individual. Hair transplantation is a method seen as a treatment for hair loss. This process is carried out by specialist doctors under sterile conditions, generally it is the placement of hair follicles one by one into hairless areas with local anesthesia, these procedures are not painful and last between 4 and 6 hours. It is very important that the applied technique is correct, the patient should rest at home for 1 or 2 days after the treatment, these hair strands will shed and be replaced by new ones in the future, patients should not panic during the subsequent shedding. New robust hair strands will grow from the hair follicles that have been transplanted into the scalp.
What Hair Transplantation Methods are available?
The most important issue in hair transplantation is the hair transplantation method, hair transplantation methods are divided into two, whichever you apply, it will be completely natural and your hair follicles will grow naturally. The first technique is the FUT technique, that is, the classical strip method. In this method, 10X3 cm strips of scalp skin are taken from between the ears just above the neck in the form of micrografts and added to the balding areas one by one. After the hair is extracted from the nape, this area is stitched which leaves a scar in the form of a line. With this method, between 5 thousand and 6 thousand hairs (1500-1700 grafts) can be transplanted in a single session. This figure is quite sufficient for a single session, it is not possible to transplant more than 6 thousand hairs in a single session because the tissue taken from the nape has its limits. The procedure can be completed with 2 or a maximum of 3 sessions with this method. In the second technique, FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), ie non-surgical hair transplantation, hair is taken from the same area, but the way the hair is taken is different. Hair strands are taken with a 1mm diameter punch tool. In this method, 1000-1500 hair strands are transplanted in a day, the procedure can be applied for 3 or 4 days in a row. In this technique, the number of sessions may vary depending on the size of the hairless or sparse area of the person. While 5000-6000 hair strands can be added with the classical technique in one session, the number is between 4000-5000 with this method.
What Should Be Done Before Hair Transplantation?
There are some important factors that individuals should pay attention to during hair transplantation, although these elements are not applied, different results can occur. The following should be done before hair transplantation:
- Harmful substances such as cigarettes and alcohol should be discontinued a week or two before treatment because they can affect the healing process.
- If the hair restoration candidate does not have an illness that absolutely requires medication, any drugs should be discontinued a week or two before, because such drugs can cause bleeding.
- Hair should be clean and healthy, therefore hair should be washed with shampoo at least 3 times a week.
- Take a photo of your hair to help doctors and manage this process together
What Should Be Done after Hair Transplantation?
There are many things to do after hair transplantation. Failure to carry out these simple instructions can result in the loss of hair strands and being detached from their roots. After hair transplantation, the following should be done:
- Medication such as antibiotics and painkillers can be used to prevent pain.
- As before hair transplantation, harmful substances should be avoided for a week.
- Tablets such as herbal medicines and vitamins should be avoided as they increase bleeding.
- The stitches placed on the neck are removed within a week, so there can be a small scratch on the neck.
- The transplanted hair will fall out within 1 or 2 weeks and new hair strands will grow instead.
- Sessions should be arranged as a maximum of 2 sessions, 6 months apart.
Types of Hair Transplantation
There are many types of hair transplantation, people should choose whichever is suitable for them. In daily life, people experience stress, eat poorly, and hair loss occurs when they feel bad. Various types of hair transplantation are available for those who want to prevent this hair loss as follows:
- FUE Hair Transplantation Technique
- FUE Hair Transplantation Technique
- Mega Hair Transplantation Technique
- DHI pen Technique
- Robotic Hair Transplantation Technique
- Densification Transplanting
- Sapphire wig transplantation
- Prosthetic hair transplantation
- Fut sedation hair transplantation
The appropriate procedure is determined by the doctors and the individual, according to the price scale and the size of the area to be transplanted.
Hair transplantation prices
The price of hair transplantation varies depending on the hair structure of the patient, the size of the area to be transplanted and the amount of hair to be transplanted. The amount of hair transplantation is determined according to the sessions. For example, with the DHI method, 3000 grafts are transplanted in 2 days with a 6-hour session, but can be completed in 6 hours with the FUE method. DHI hair transplantation prices are listed as follows:
- Graft (adding hair root) Unit Price: 1.50 TL- 5.00 TL
- Hair Loss Graft cost of an average person: 2,200-3,000 TL
- Hair Loss Hair transplantation price of an average person: 3,400 TL
- Hair transplantation graft amount of a person with intense hair loss: 4.500 TL
- Hair transplantation price of a person with intense hair loss: 6.000-8.000 TL
In mega hair transplantation, the hair follicles are removed in a single session and the amount of hair transplantation is between 4,500 and 5,000 in a single session. This method is preferred by individuals with a lot of baldness and hair loss. The price of this hair transplantation varies between 2,000 TL and 3,000 TL (depending on the type of hair).
FUE Hair Transplantation is a preferred treatment without surgery today. Research indicates that the cost of fue hair transplantation varies between 4,500 and 7,000 TL.
- 500 hair strands transplantation price: 1.000 TL
- 1.000 hair strands transplantation price: 2.000 TL
- 2,000 hair strands transplantation price: 4,000 TL
- 4.000 hair strands transplantation price: 8.000 TL
- 5.000 hair strands transplantation price: 10.000 TL
- 6,000 hair strands transplantation price: 12,000 TL
- 7,000 hair strands transplantation price: 14.000 TL
Prosthetic hair transplantation is preferred by individuals who do not want surgery. No hair transplantation procedure is applied in this method. This method involves the permanent placement of a natural wig onto the scalp. The life span of this prosthetic is between 3-6 years with regular maintenance. The price scale is as follows:
- Sparse hair prosthesis price: 3,000 – 6,000 TL
- Full hair prosthesis price: 1.500 – 2.500 TL
Hair transplantation is very common in women as well as in men, the only difference is that the operation can last between 4-5 hours for men and 5-8 hours for women. Hair transplantation is slightly more expensive for women, namely 3,250 TL while it costs 3,000 TL for men.